Sunday, February 14, 2010

Onto something new...

So, long time no post. For the past few weekends I have been getting out of my stamping room and onto my living room couch. No, not watching TV, I'm not sick but I started taking up knitting. Loom knitting, with the Knifty Knitter. I got the round loom set before Christmas just because I wanted to try knitting because I was no good at crocheting. I got the loom set with five looms including one for babies. I made a hat for my Dad, a few scarves, and set it aside. Until now, since I am pretty into doing charity crafting stuff I wanted to branch out. This time I didn't want to do anything with cards because I already donate 50 every few months and that is very tedious but yet rewarding. So I am now making hats for babies in the NICU at a local hospital. So something that I can actually see because Wisconsin, where I donate the cards to is not within reasonable driving distance. But the hospital I am donating the hats to is within driving distance and instead of mailing them and waiting in the post office line and paying for postage, I can have my Mom drive me up to the hospital and I can just hand the box or bag or whatever of the hats. This for me, is something new and different. Since I have been siting for the past few weekends knitting I have found it really relaxing its doing good for someone else. This weekend, I got into crocheting blankets, small ones for the preemie babies, but trust me I won't be posting any pictures anytime soon because I am far from being done with them but the day I am, I will be sure to post a picture. In the meantime, I have Monday and Tuesday off from school for winter break and in that time I will be calling hospitals to see if they could use any of these things I am making. I hope that this comes to be what the Necessities Bag Wisconsin work was, and I get more involved and love it even more than I do right now

No comments:

Post a Comment